Labels

Saturday 10 May 2014

OBS : Overcome the fear...


Good morning....Assalam...
SvS minta sambung cerita Outward Bound(OBS)
This post is specially dedicated to her...hehe
Before that I wanna say hi to Ammi..welcome dear.

Dah sarapan ke belum semua?


Hari ni kita ada tamu...breakfast pagi sikit....kalo tak mesti dok berguling atas katil lagi pepagi minggu ni. Ini masak nasi goreng ikan masin, ikan tenggiri masin  beli dari Lumut tu.


The moment I knew that I have to attend this OBS...I started to surf the internet...don't like to read technical stuffs, so I read others experiance through their blogs...ain't it useful...tq bloggers.

OMG...most bloggers described the OBS as a very tough yet happy experience...ye lah happy sebab depa citer bila dah lepas ...yang tak pergi lagi ni dah kecut perut...butterflies dok beranak beranak dalam perut...makin lama makin banyak huhuhu

I started to share what I read with officemates...they have little knowledge on this, and once they knew ...most pun sudah kecut perut juga...hahaha...the truth was...I wanted to find supporters...I wanted HR to cancel this...this was ridiculous...asking people to do tough things...leaving their loved ones for 5 days!!

It's not that I menghasut people...I think we need to share the info so that  people would be physically and mentally ready... betul tak? Sekira kita tidak suka ...kita kena BERUSAHA untuk tidak buat...dengan mengambil kira masyarakat keseluruhannya...bukan hanya berfikir untuk diri sendiri....eh rasa macam ahli politik pula ...hehe.


Our effort seems berbaloi because the camping was cancelled!!
but we still need to go and do the whaling thing...ouchh.



Now that I cannot avoid this...I tried to be positive about it...the course that I attended just before the OBS also helped..takut cuma pada Allah kata mereka. Datuk Dr Syed Mudzaffar, the astronout said....the world from the space is so tiny like a dot...a lot of problems in this world are actually  small matters...dalam maksud dia ...thus I prayed for Allah to give me strength. I also happen to read about fitnah dajal...yang mana pada masa itu manusia hidup dalam kesusahan....tidak ada air dan makanan...sesiapa yang tidak kuat iman...akan menyerah dan tunduk pada dajal...hermmm...ini lagi teruk dari OBS...



Sebaik tiba kami berkumpul di dewan ini...dibahagikan kepada kumpulan kecil seramai 13 orang. Terus kami kena serahkan dompet...with cash, handphone dan segala gadget...kami terputus hubungan dengan dunia luar dan tidak berduit for few days.

We were the second group actually...kenalah datang berperingkat...kalau tak office tutup seminggu. Believe it or not...the first group that just returned from OBS said it was not mencabar...so the HR instructed the camping to be on balik...haihhh...dajal dah muncul ke?


The dewan makan...I snapped this on our last day...remember that my hp was taken.

The 2nd day...we were taught about the whaler...the oars..rollock...the sails bla bla bla...
How to wear our life jacket...balance our terapung body..menyelam few seconds...etc...all were my first time in life experience...those yang baca this blog would know that saya ni penakut air...



I lost one shoe during the training...tenggelam dalam lumpur  laut.

Paling tak boleh lupa..we need to naik mother boat from the whaler and we were asked to jump into the deep sea...are you crazy?

The young instructor told me...nak terjun atau nak saya tolak?..
OMG....how scare...my leg melted how could I jump...
I said ...saya nak turun...hihihi
So I turned my trembling body facing the boat and stepped on the macam tangga kat belakang boat tu...then I felt the instructor grabbed my life jackect and put me in the sea ..so gayat dalam air tu...not even long I minta naik...as if he will listen to me lah kan...so I have to bohong sunat cakap saya pening...hahaha.

The day that we went for whaling and camping...we were not that lucky because there were no wind...meaning that we had to berkayuh a lot! 

My sickness ...selsema and batuk yang kronik...I felt like a blessing juga...because due to that I was given a lighter task where I need to guide and syncronise the rowers by yelling deep... pull out....geee they said my voice was really deep...hahaha..I was trying to entertain them...but they were too tired to notice. The truth is...the oars was so heavy for me to handle...I could't row..my oar asyik langgar orang lain punya...that would make it worst.



Gambar ehsan instructor...
To be inside the whaler for 7 plus hours...to stay positive...to keep up the teamwork...the sea sickness and the sunburn...were not easy to endure.


Menjelang asar baru kami sampai at  the camping site....the most challenging thing is that the site has no toilet...BACK TO NATURE...cuma ada sebuah telaga buruk ...kami dibekalkan cangkul...paham-paham jer lah what to do...


Setiap yang perit ...akan menjadi kenangan manis disaat berjaya mengharunginya...

Mission accomplished, we were transferred to Swiss Garden Lumut for a retreat...yang ini kita cerita nanti ye.


















1 comment:

  1. Wah! Terharunya baca bila entry ni dituju khas buat akak. Lencun tudung nangis hihihi
    1. Wow! sangat mencabar mental & fizikal. Akak suka dik benda2 macam ni walaupun takut air.
    2. Hush Puppies tu.. kalau Bata kurang sikit terkilannya.
    3. Sunburn dah hilang?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...